Think your way to serenity.
Calmness isn't just a state of mind. It's an essential life skill that, when practiced, can dramatically improve our everyday lives. This fascinating and pragmatic book argues that we can educate ourselves in the art of keeping calm not through slow breathing or special teas but through thinking. It patiently unpacks the root causes of our collective anxieties and gives us a succession of highly persuasive, beautiful, and sometimes dryly comic arguments with which to defend ourselves against panic and frustration. Part of a new essential paperback series from The School of Life, covering a range of emotional lessons needed in order to lead fulfilled and happy lives.
- THE ESSENTIAL MENTAL TOOLKIT provides readers with the skills needed to face life's challenges with serenity.
- EXPLORES THE ROOT CAUSES of our collective cultural anxieties.
- A REFRESHING APPROACH to the art of finding calm in a chaotic world.
- CLASSIC BLACK & WHITE IMAGES throughout.
- PART OF THE NEW PAPERBACK SERIES 'LESSONS FOR LIFE'