A fresh approach to matters of the heart, Relationships inspires closeness and connection to help you not only find love--but to make your love last
Since around 1750, we have been living in the era of Romanticism, which has shaped the way we approach love, marriage, and sex. When it comes to love, this book argues, Romanticism has been a disaster.Full of real-life examples, lively humor, and cultural anecdotes, Relationships teaches us:
- That love and sex may not always go together (and that's OK)
- That discussing money early on, in a serious way, is not a betrayal of love That acknowledging respective flaws can be a couple's superpower
- That we will never find everything we need in another person
- That spending two hours discussing whether bathroom towels should be hung up or can be left on the floor has its own dignity
With wisdom, wit, and compassion, this innovative guide paves the way to a new, brighter future for love. Part of a new essential paperback series from The School of Life, covering a range of emotional lessons needed in order to lead fulfilled and happy lives.
- DOWN WITH ROMANTICISM! this book teaches you how to find love, and keep it--without rosy-colored glasses.
- LEARN THE SKILL OF LOVE--AND LIVING WITH YOUR PARTNER'S FLAWS a refreshing, skills-based take on how to approach relationships, and be realistic about long term partnership.
- PRACTICAL RELATIONSHIP ADVICE like why to talk about money early on, and how to find dignity in the dreary domestic details of life.
- CLASSIC BLACK & WHITE IMAGES throughout.
- PART OF THE NEW PAPERBACK SERIES 'LESSONS FOR LIFE'